Louisiana Tech University adheres to the equal opportunity provisions of federal and civil rights laws, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
The Title IX Coordinator is Carrie Flournoy, President's Office, Wyly Tower 1620; phone: (318) 257-3785; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 504 Coordinator is Annie Jantz, Coordinator of Special Programs and Assistant to the VP of Student Advancement, Keeny Hall 305; phone: (318) 257-2445; e-mail email@example.com.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Individuals with disabilities needing special accommodations concerning accessibility or application materials/procedures should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance. Telephone (318) 257-2235.
College of Engineering & Science
Louisiana Tech University
The College of Engineering and Science at Louisiana Tech University is seeking a highly qualified individual for a Student Success Specialist in the college. The College offers 14 undergraduate engineering and science programs for approximately 2,700 undergraduate students. See the College website for more information: http://coes.latech.edu. This position will support the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies. Expected position duties and functions include:
- Design and implement strategies for improving the learning environment for COES students including the following:
- Managing a mentoring program using student leaders
- Providing an early intervention program for students who are contemplating changing majors
- Helping students with social and academic transition from high school to university
- Assist in advising all incoming COES freshmen and in improving advising procedures for all COES students
- Coordinate outreach activities with high schools for the college including assisting with university sponsored visits such as Time Out for Tech, Legacy Day, and Saturday visits
- Assist with the Integrated STEM Education Research Center activities
- Assist with management of a Summer Enrichment Program for engineering and science students transitioning from high school to university (FrEP)
Essential qualifications and skills required are a BS degree, excellent customer service skills, ability to work with all types of people and to assume facilitator and occasionally leadership roles, ability to multi-task and prioritize activities, ability to communicate professionally, with clarity and brevity (both orally and in writing), flexibility and the ability to complete assigned projects, team player with positive outlook on making an impact on others’ lives, and competent computer/technical skills. Expected Salary is $35,000.
To apply send resume and application letter as a single PDF file electronically to mailto://firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “<Last Name, First Name> - Student Success Specialist”. Review of the applicants will begin December 16, 2016 and continue until a suitable candidate is identified. The desired starting date is January 17, 2017 but is negotiable. Louisiana Tech is an EEO/AA employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
UL SYSTEM POLICIES REGARDING THE PROHIBITION OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION AND RETALIATION AGAINST INDIVIDUALS BASED UPON ANY PROTECTED STATUS, INCLUDING THEIR RETIREMENT STATUS OR AGE. POLICIES REGARDING RETALIATION HAVE UNDERGONE MANY REVISIONS. ALL EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO REMOVE ALL DOCUMENTS FROM THE LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY WEBSITE THAT CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS MISLEADING OR IN CONFLICT WITH ITS POLICIES REGARDING HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, AND RETALIATION. THIS INCLUDES A REMOVAL OF ALL REFERENCES TO SUBJECTING INDIVIDUALS TO ADVERSE ACTIONS FOR FALSE COMPLAINTS OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, OR RETALIATION WHICH MAY HAVE AN UNDULY CHILLING EFFECT ON AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO SUCH ACTION. Click here if you believe that you have identified information on the Louisiana Tech University website that is out of compliance with UL SYSTEM policies.