Louisiana Tech University adheres to the equal opportunity provisions of federal and civil rights laws, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
The Title IX Coordinator is Carrie Flournoy, President's Office, Wyly Tower 1620; phone: (318) 257-3785; e-mail email@example.com.
The 504 Coordinator is Annie Jantz, Coordinator of Special Programs and Assistant to the VP of Student Advancement, Keeny Hall 305; phone: (318) 257-2445; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Individuals with disabilities needing special accommodations concerning accessibility or application materials/procedures should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance. Telephone (318) 257-2235.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in Studio Art
SCHOOL OF DESIGN
LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY
Tenure Track Position: Assistant Professor of Studio Art in Foundation/Core Studio. The successful candidate will be committed to teaching drawing, life drawing and 2D Foundations. Applicants who have experience with video and new media are highly desirable.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Compensation includes full benefits.
Deadline: Feb 15, 2017
Start Date: September 1, 2017
• Responsibilities include teaching 7 courses (10 week quarter system) per academic year.
• The candidate will teach courses in Beginning Drawing, 2-D Design, Color Design, and Introduction to Time-Based Media.
• Serve on graduate student committees
• Pursue professional research and exhibition record
• Advise undergraduate Studio Art students
• Participate in development of the Studio Art Program
• Assist with management and maintenance of facilities
• Engage in service to the School, University, community, and professional organizations
• MFA in Art; Degree conferred before September 2017.
• Strong foundations experience and willingness to teach in the core
• A comprehensive working knowledge of traditional, observation-based drawing and alternative drawing methods is strongly preferred
• Areas of specialization may include sound, interactive media, animation, video, or web art.
• University/college teaching experience beyond a graduate teaching assistant preferred
• Exhibition record demonstrating professional recognition of creative work
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of art history and critical theory
• Knowledge of, and experience with Adobe Creative Suite software
Application Must Include:
• Letter of intent stating qualifications for position
• One page artist statement
• One page teaching philosophy
• Names for three references: title, e-mail address, and phone number
• 20 digital images in a PDF format representing artwork
• 20 digital images in a PDF format representing student work
• Image list of personal and student work, stating media, dimensions, and dates
• Unofficial graduate transcripts
• Submit the above files to the job listing at: http://artlatech.slideroom.com
• All application materials must be sent digitally
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until the position is filled. Complete description at www.design.latech.edu/jobs
Louisiana Tech University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. AA/EOE/WMA
Assistant Professor of Studio Art
Louisiana Tech University - Tenure Track. Assistant Professor in Foundation/Core Studio
Start September 1, 2017. MFA in Art required.
Complete description at www.design.latech.edu/jobs
Louisiana Tech University, School of Design, P.O. Box 3175, Ruston, LA 71272. Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue until the positions are filled. A member of the University of Louisiana System. AA/EOE/WMA
UL SYSTEM POLICIES REGARDING THE PROHIBITION OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION AND RETALIATION AGAINST INDIVIDUALS BASED UPON ANY PROTECTED STATUS, INCLUDING THEIR RETIREMENT STATUS OR AGE. POLICIES REGARDING RETALIATION HAVE UNDERGONE MANY REVISIONS. ALL EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO REMOVE ALL DOCUMENTS FROM THE LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY WEBSITE THAT CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS MISLEADING OR IN CONFLICT WITH ITS POLICIES REGARDING HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, AND RETALIATION. THIS INCLUDES A REMOVAL OF ALL REFERENCES TO SUBJECTING INDIVIDUALS TO ADVERSE ACTIONS FOR FALSE COMPLAINTS OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, OR RETALIATION WHICH MAY HAVE AN UNDULY CHILLING EFFECT ON AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO SUCH ACTION. Click here if you believe that you have identified information on the Louisiana Tech University website that is out of compliance with UL SYSTEM policies.