Louisiana Tech University adheres to the equal opportunity provisions of federal and civil rights laws, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
The Title IX Coordinator is Carrie Flournoy, President's Office, Wyly Tower 1620; phone: (318) 257-3785; e-mail email@example.com.
The 504 Coordinator is Annie Jantz, Coordinator of Special Programs and Assistant to the VP of Student Advancement, Keeny Hall 305; phone: (318) 257-2445; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Individuals with disabilities needing special accommodations concerning accessibility or application materials/procedures should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance. Telephone (318) 257-2235.
Position Title: Information Security Analyst
University Division: Information Technology
Position Reports to: Director of Infrastructure and Information Technology
The Information Security Analyst reports directly to the Director of Infrastructure and Information Technology. This individual is responsible for identifying, monitoring, and countering threats as well as other risks and exposures that threaten the privacy, confidentiality, operational integrity and high-availability of Louisiana Tech’s networks, systems, research operations, and information assets. This position has principal institutional responsibility for protecting and maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and authorized access to Louisiana Tech University’s information assets. The Information Security Analyst is responsible for identifying and responding to events involving information asset misuse, loss or unauthorized disclosure, including incident investigation and forensics. This individual will also play an important role in helping plan, maintain, secure, optimize, expand and protect a growing information technology infrastructure at Louisiana Tech University.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively and strategically monitor, assess, plan, and maintain a comprehensive, highly-effective operational security and cybersecurity environment including the concomitant technology, intelligence, and human resource components
- Process vulnerability and threat data from a variety of internal and external sources to provide actionable threat intelligence and recommended countermeasures, following Louisiana Tech’s protocols
- Conduct pro-active exercises and investigations to test for potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses
- Maintain a state of operational readiness concerning business continuity capabilities
- Collaborate with other division professionals to ensure the integrity and resiliency of Louisiana Tech’s data
- Function as the designate to support the security requirements of Louisiana Tech’s research enterprise, including cybersecurity posture and compliance requirements
- Ensure that Louisiana Tech’s information, technology, and security posture conforms to best practices and advances in the field
- Develop Louisiana Tech’s incident-response protocol concerning cyber threats, intrusions, countermeasures, and similar factors
- Create education and awareness programs and advise operating units at all levels on security issues and potential risks and vulnerabilities, as well as best practices
- Work collaboratively with Internal Auditor, Campus Police, General Counsel and outside consultants as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a major directly related to the responsibilities of the position
- A minimum of 2-5 years of intensive professional experience
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered in lieu of the preceding requirements
- Excellent broad knowledge and experience with information technology generally, and professional mastery in one or more areas directly relevant to the position
- Relevant security certifications appropriate to the position (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CFCE, CISA, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with relevant security management frameworks (e.g. ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, NIST) as well as appropriate laws and regulations (e.g. FERPA, HIPAA, ITAR, PCI, FISMA, etc.)
- The ability to obtain a security clearance
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both highly technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong self-initiative and the ability to work independently when necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a positive and engaged member of a high-performing / collaborative team of professionals
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated sound judgement and decision-making commensurate with the responsibilities of the position, and specifically in maintaining a secured enterprise
- Strong understanding of the higher education environment, including systems and business processes in academic, administrative, and research functions
- Strong presence in subject area professional and higher education organizations, including presentations and committee participation
- Management, leadership and team building skills
- Expert knowledge of networking and systems
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of cybersecurity operations such as attack surface management, security operations center (SOC) operations, intrusion detection / intrusion prevention systems (IDS/IPS), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) utilization, advanced threats (such as APTs, global DDOS, internal, etc.) and countermeasures.
To apply send letter, resume, transcript, three reference to Louisiana Tech Computing Center, Attn: Daniel Schales, PO Box 3184, Ruston, LA 71272. (318) 257-2893.
UL SYSTEM POLICIES REGARDING THE PROHIBITION OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION AND RETALIATION AGAINST INDIVIDUALS BASED UPON ANY PROTECTED STATUS, INCLUDING THEIR RETIREMENT STATUS OR AGE. POLICIES REGARDING RETALIATION HAVE UNDERGONE MANY REVISIONS. ALL EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO REMOVE ALL DOCUMENTS FROM THE LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY WEBSITE THAT CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS MISLEADING OR IN CONFLICT WITH ITS POLICIES REGARDING HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, AND RETALIATION. THIS INCLUDES A REMOVAL OF ALL REFERENCES TO SUBJECTING INDIVIDUALS TO ADVERSE ACTIONS FOR FALSE COMPLAINTS OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, OR RETALIATION WHICH MAY HAVE AN UNDULY CHILLING EFFECT ON AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO SUCH ACTION. Click here if you believe that you have identified information on the Louisiana Tech University website that is out of compliance with UL SYSTEM policies.