Louisiana Tech University adheres to the equal opportunity provisions of federal and civil rights laws, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
The Title IX Coordinator is Carrie Flournoy, President's Office, Wyly Tower 1620; phone: (318) 257-3785; e-mail email@example.com.
The 504 Coordinator is Annie Jantz, Coordinator of Special Programs and Assistant to the VP of Student Advancement, Keeny Hall 305; phone: (318) 257-2445; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Individuals with disabilities needing special accommodations concerning accessibility or application materials/procedures should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance. Telephone (318) 257-2235.
LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY
The Louisiana Tech Computing Center is seeking to fill a position on its professional staff for a Mainframe and Network Operator in support of campus administrative information systems.
• A bachelor’s degree, or two years relevant IT experience
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Positive interaction with coworkers and University community
Preference given to candidates with following skills:
• Motivated, self-starting individual able to work independently
• Ability to learn and execute operational procedures in ever changing environment
• Strong customer service orientation, attention to details and accuracy.
• Good problem determination skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office
This professional will work with other members of the Computing Center Operations group to maintain all operational aspects of central information technology and to help with user support issues related to campus information systems. The following are responsibilities for this position. Experience in these areas would be considered relevant experience:
• Monitor computer systems, network status, printers, and other data processing equipment
• Run production schedules, manage large print runs, distribute reports and monitor daily processing following operations guidelines
• Provide assistance to University users in support of problem resolution with respect to computing services
• Maintain Operations equipment and tape library
• Maintain and update Operations documentation according to specific procedures
• Assist with IT support center calls and tickets
• Train new Operations staff as needed
• Monitor forms and supply inventory level
• Follow security procedures and maintain confidentiality of information
• Ability to work rotating shifts on quarterly basis according to University Academic Calendar
Ruston Louisiana is located in the piney hills of north Louisiana with a population of about 20,000. It offers both outstanding public and private school systems and a great place to raise a family. Employees enjoy a small-town atmosphere while living within an hour's drive of two major cities. A college atmosphere offers many exciting entertainment and educational opportunities, as well as an environment to work on challenging projects. Ours is a small, team-oriented staff that is making a major difference-come be a part of it!
Applicants should submit (e-mail preferred) a letter of application and resume to Dasha Ramsey (email@example.com), Louisiana Tech Computing Center, Attn: Dasha Ramsey, P.O. Box 3184, Ruston, LA 71272. Inquires may be made by calling (318) 257-2893. Interviews will begin soon and continue until the position is filled. Employment to begin as soon as possible. Louisiana Tech is a member of the University of Louisiana System.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply
UL SYSTEM POLICIES REGARDING THE PROHIBITION OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION AND RETALIATION AGAINST INDIVIDUALS BASED UPON ANY PROTECTED STATUS, INCLUDING THEIR RETIREMENT STATUS OR AGE. POLICIES REGARDING RETALIATION HAVE UNDERGONE MANY REVISIONS. ALL EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO REMOVE ALL DOCUMENTS FROM THE LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY WEBSITE THAT CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS MISLEADING OR IN CONFLICT WITH ITS POLICIES REGARDING HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, AND RETALIATION. THIS INCLUDES A REMOVAL OF ALL REFERENCES TO SUBJECTING INDIVIDUALS TO ADVERSE ACTIONS FOR FALSE COMPLAINTS OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, OR RETALIATION WHICH MAY HAVE AN UNDULY CHILLING EFFECT ON AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO SUCH ACTION. Click here if you believe that you have identified information on the Louisiana Tech University website that is out of compliance with UL SYSTEM policies.