Louisiana Tech University adheres to the equal opportunity provisions of federal and civil rights laws, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
The Title IX Coordinator is Carrie Flournoy, President's Office, Wyly Tower 1620; phone: (318) 257-3785; e-mail email@example.com.
The 504 Coordinator is Annie Jantz, Coordinator of Special Programs and Assistant to the VP of Student Advancement, Keeny Hall 305; phone: (318) 257-2445; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Individuals with disabilities needing special accommodations concerning accessibility or application materials/procedures should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance. Telephone (318) 257-2235.
Louisiana Tech University seeks a creative professional to help share the University’s brand and story in social media channels.
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive social media strategy to increase web traffic and brand awareness in support of the University’s strategic and enrollment goals. The successful candidate should have excellent multitasking skills to handle all social media channels in a cohesive way and meet deadlines.
Candidates must have superior communication and presentation skills and experience designing social media strategies to achieve marketing targets. Requirements include:
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university and at least a year of experience in managing effective social media efforts
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to distinguish and behave with a good sense of decorum; comfort as a brand ambassador for Louisiana Tech
- Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe
- Desire to continue advancing knowledge related to social media
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms
- Ability to determine and report ROI for online campaigns
- Ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them
- Experience with creating and identifying quality social media content
- Graphic design experience for print and the web is a plus
- Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy
- Develop and implement new marketing approaches.
- Evaluate social advertising opportunities and assist in preparation and delivery of associated materials.
- Plan and execute assessment of online advertising and marketing initiatives.
- Provide marketing/communication coordination and assistance to staff and collegiate units.
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices
Priority consideration will be given to applicants whose materials are received by Feb. 15, 2018. Please send letters of application, resume, and three professional references to:Search Committee c/o Tonya Oaks Smith P.O. Box 3172 Ruston, LA 71272 Email: email@example.com
Louisiana Tech University is an EEO/AA employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
UL SYSTEM POLICIES REGARDING THE PROHIBITION OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION AND RETALIATION AGAINST INDIVIDUALS BASED UPON ANY PROTECTED STATUS, INCLUDING THEIR RETIREMENT STATUS OR AGE. POLICIES REGARDING RETALIATION HAVE UNDERGONE MANY REVISIONS. ALL EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO REMOVE ALL DOCUMENTS FROM THE LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY WEBSITE THAT CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS MISLEADING OR IN CONFLICT WITH ITS POLICIES REGARDING HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, AND RETALIATION. THIS INCLUDES A REMOVAL OF ALL REFERENCES TO SUBJECTING INDIVIDUALS TO ADVERSE ACTIONS FOR FALSE COMPLAINTS OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, OR RETALIATION WHICH MAY HAVE AN UNDULY CHILLING EFFECT ON AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO SUCH ACTION. Click here if you believe that you have identified information on the Louisiana Tech University website that is out of compliance with UL SYSTEM policies.