Louisiana Tech University adheres to the equal opportunity provisions of federal and civil rights laws, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
The Title IX Coordinator is Carrie Flournoy, President's Office, Wyly Tower 1620; phone: (318) 257-3785; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 504 Coordinator is Annie Jantz, Coordinator of Special Programs and Assistant to the VP of Student Advancement, Keeny Hall 305; phone: (318) 257-2445; e-mail email@example.com.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Individuals with disabilities needing special accommodations concerning accessibility or application materials/procedures should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance. Telephone (318) 257-2235.
Graduate Assistant for Athletic Advancement
Working Title: LTAC Graduate Assistant for Athletic Advancement
Website Address: www.latechalumni.org/LTAC
Proposed starting date: May 15, 2018
Duties/responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Assist with increasing the Louisiana Tech Athletic Club (LTAC) donations on an annual basis
- Handle all marketing, social media, and promotion of LTAC brand
- Plan events focused around Louisiana Tech Athletics outings
o Football south end zone hospitality area for 5 home games in 2018
o Football signing day event in February
o Men’s Basketball hospitality room for the approximate 18 home games
- Tournament director for Bradshaw Brooks Golf Outing in April (www.latechalumni.org/BradshawBrooks)
- Develop and implement the monthly LTAC newsletter distributed to donors
- Oversee the stewardship for LTAC donor base with thank you letters and dispersal of benefits (Adidas gear, donor gifts for lifetime giving, etc.)
- Create sales techniques to help with the growth of LTAC
- Carry a portfolio of 75 donors and steward relationships throughout the academic year
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Athletic Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sports Management, Recreation Management, Communications, or related field
- - Ability to communicate effectively with donors, coaches, and Advancement staff
- - Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring critical thinking, multitasking, and organization
- - Availability to work nights and weekends
- - Business background
- - Experience in Athletics, event planning, or fundraising
Length of employment: 12-month appointment and renewable on an annual basis by the Associate Athletic Director – Development
Stipend: $1,000 per month
Graduate School: Ability to waive out of state tuition
Posting date: 3-1-2018
Closing date: 3-30-2018
Questions about the posting: Paul Kabbes, Associate Athletics Director – Development firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Reference List (3 references)
UL SYSTEM POLICIES REGARDING THE PROHIBITION OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION AND RETALIATION AGAINST INDIVIDUALS BASED UPON ANY PROTECTED STATUS, INCLUDING THEIR RETIREMENT STATUS OR AGE. POLICIES REGARDING RETALIATION HAVE UNDERGONE MANY REVISIONS. ALL EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO REMOVE ALL DOCUMENTS FROM THE LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY WEBSITE THAT CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS MISLEADING OR IN CONFLICT WITH ITS POLICIES REGARDING HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, AND RETALIATION. THIS INCLUDES A REMOVAL OF ALL REFERENCES TO SUBJECTING INDIVIDUALS TO ADVERSE ACTIONS FOR FALSE COMPLAINTS OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, OR RETALIATION WHICH MAY HAVE AN UNDULY CHILLING EFFECT ON AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO SUCH ACTION. Click here if you believe that you have identified information on the Louisiana Tech University website that is out of compliance with UL SYSTEM policies.