Louisiana Tech University adheres to the equal opportunity provisions of federal and civil rights laws, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
The Title IX Coordinator is Carrie Flournoy, President's Office, Wyly Tower 1620; phone: (318) 257-3785; e-mail email@example.com.
The 504 Coordinator is Annie Jantz, Coordinator of Special Programs and Assistant to the VP of Student Advancement, Keeny Hall 305; phone: (318) 257-2445; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Individuals with disabilities needing special accommodations concerning accessibility or application materials/procedures should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance. Telephone (318) 257-2235.
Director of Student Success
The College of Business at Louisiana Tech University is seeking a highly qualified individual for a Director of Student Success. The College offers eight undergraduate majors and three graduate degrees serving approximately 1,200 students.
The Director of Student Success provides leadership and direction in the creation, establishment, and coordination of retention and student success initiatives at the College of Business at Louisiana Tech University. The Director of Student Success, in collaboration with multiple campus constituents, will be responsible for the implementation of student retention initiatives.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Collect, interpret, and maintain longitudinal data on student retention and graduation rates through collaboration with University Admissions, Institutional Research, and College of Business departments and generate reports for College, University, and accreditation purposes.
- Develop effective programming and coordinate events and services to support student development, out-of-classroom learning, and academic progress.
- Assist in updating, maintaining, and upholding the College of Business Student Retention Policy; Promote the goals of retention and graduation to students, faculty and staff.
- Support and provide advisement to students, implement individualized plans for student success, and maintain regular follow up; Refer students to University services when needed.
- Serve as the primary advisor to at-risk students and students placed on academic probation in order to increase retention and improve graduation rates while upholding University and College policies.
- Assist students in the development of academic skills by offering tutoring programs, group study, and other academic support services.
- Serve as a committee member on the Enrollment Management Council.
- Administer, award, and maintain records for College of Business scholarships; Collaborate with University Admissions and Financial Aid offices to promote scholarships; Facilitate the scholarship review and selection process by overseeing the College of Business Scholarship Committee.
- Plan and execute College of Business donor/scholar appreciation events and manage scholarship donor stewardship through correspondence and student thank you notes.
- Review existing scholarship policies and procedures and make recommendations for implementation strategies to bring uniformity to the overall scholarship program.
- Plan and execute student engagement events that promote inclusion and enrichment.
- Represent the College of Business to prospective students, parents, counselors and other individuals and organizations involved in the college selection process and assist in student recruitment initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in counseling, psychology, higher education, business administration preferred
- Relevant experience, with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience preferred
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to show empathy, mentor, and relate to students
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with campus constituents
- Possess excellent organization, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Willingness and ability to lead and manage change
The Director of Student Success is a 12-month full-time appointment. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of Student Services and Placement in the College of Business.
Send letter of application, resume, and name and contact information for three references to:
Director of Student Services and Placement, College of Business
Louisiana Tech University
P.O. Box 10318
Ruston, LA 71272
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Additional information about Louisiana Tech University can be found at www.latech.edu. Louisiana Tech University, a member of the University of Louisiana System, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
UL SYSTEM POLICIES REGARDING THE PROHIBITION OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION AND RETALIATION AGAINST INDIVIDUALS BASED UPON ANY PROTECTED STATUS, INCLUDING THEIR RETIREMENT STATUS OR AGE. POLICIES REGARDING RETALIATION HAVE UNDERGONE MANY REVISIONS. ALL EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO REMOVE ALL DOCUMENTS FROM THE LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY WEBSITE THAT CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS MISLEADING OR IN CONFLICT WITH ITS POLICIES REGARDING HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, AND RETALIATION. THIS INCLUDES A REMOVAL OF ALL REFERENCES TO SUBJECTING INDIVIDUALS TO ADVERSE ACTIONS FOR FALSE COMPLAINTS OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, OR RETALIATION WHICH MAY HAVE AN UNDULY CHILLING EFFECT ON AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO SUCH ACTION. Click here if you believe that you have identified information on the Louisiana Tech University website that is out of compliance with UL SYSTEM policies.