Louisiana Tech University adheres to the equal opportunity provisions of federal and civil rights laws, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
The Title IX Coordinator is Carrie Flournoy, President's Office, Wyly Tower 1620; phone: (318) 257-3785; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 504 Coordinator is Annie Jantz, Coordinator of Special Programs and Assistant to the VP of Student Advancement, Keeny Hall 305; phone: (318) 257-2445; e-mail email@example.com.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Individuals with disabilities needing special accommodations concerning accessibility or application materials/procedures should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance. Telephone (318) 257-2235.
LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY
The Louisiana Tech Computing Center is seeking to fill a position on its professional staff for a Database Administrator in support of campus administrative information systems.
• 1-3 Years’ experience as a Database Administrator (DBA)
• A bachelor’s degree
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Positive interaction with coworkers and University community
Preference given to candidates with following:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience managing a production MySQL server
• Experience doing data modeling and database design.
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL
• Intermediate knowledge of PHP and shell script
• Experience setting up reporting tools to provide access to MySQL and SQL server data.
• Motivated, self-starting individual able to work independently
• Good problem solving skills
This professional will act as the DBA for data managed by the Computing Center. Job duties for this position would include but not be limited to:
• Database Administrator (DBA) for MySQL server.
• Create/Maintain Linux shell scripts and PHP scripts used to load and manipulate data feeds.
• Interface with campus customers to help design and maintain institutional data repository.
• Implement new reporting tools. Train campus consumers on use of new tools.
• Follow security procedures and maintain confidentiality of information
• Available for occasional off-hours calls regarding areas of responsibility.
Ruston Louisiana is located in the piney hills of north Louisiana with a population of about 20,000. It offers both outstanding public and private school systems and a great place to raise a family. Employees enjoy a small-town atmosphere while living within an hour's drive of two major cities. A college atmosphere offers many exciting entertainment and educational opportunities, as well as an environment to work on challenging projects. Ours is a small, team-oriented staff that is making a major difference-come be a part of it!
Applicants should submit (e-mail preferred) a letter of application and resume to Mike Colyar (firstname.lastname@example.org), Louisiana Tech Computing Center, Attn: Mike Colyar, P.O. Box 3184, Ruston, LA 71272. Inquires may be made by calling (318) 257-2893. Interviews will begin soon and continue until the position is filled. Employment to begin as soon as possible. Louisiana Tech is a member of the University of Louisiana System.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply
UL SYSTEM POLICIES REGARDING THE PROHIBITION OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION AND RETALIATION AGAINST INDIVIDUALS BASED UPON ANY PROTECTED STATUS, INCLUDING THEIR RETIREMENT STATUS OR AGE. POLICIES REGARDING RETALIATION HAVE UNDERGONE MANY REVISIONS. ALL EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO REMOVE ALL DOCUMENTS FROM THE LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY WEBSITE THAT CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS MISLEADING OR IN CONFLICT WITH ITS POLICIES REGARDING HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, AND RETALIATION. THIS INCLUDES A REMOVAL OF ALL REFERENCES TO SUBJECTING INDIVIDUALS TO ADVERSE ACTIONS FOR FALSE COMPLAINTS OF HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, OR RETALIATION WHICH MAY HAVE AN UNDULY CHILLING EFFECT ON AN INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO SUCH ACTION. Click here if you believe that you have identified information on the Louisiana Tech University website that is out of compliance with UL SYSTEM policies.